PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » RE: "Congestion" in call log on anonymous calls
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
drm

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Congestion Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

When people call me through a sipgate.co.uk trunk they don't get a ringtone and I see a congestion message in the 'Call Monitor'.
Why is that? Is there something I can do to resolve this?

04.11.2009 14:12 drmitsos is offline Search for Posts by drmitsos Add drmitsos to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Congestion Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Is this issue present only on inbound calls through your SipGate trunk, or from your other trunks also?

When did you first notice this issue?

04.11.2009 18:11 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
drm

RE: Congestion Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Apparently, there is a problem with Sipgate and Asterisk when the
"Allow Anonymous inbound SIP calls" is set to "no".

This happens when the sipgate trunk is called from another Cisco PBX which does not send a caller-id. The inbound route works fine from any other phone.

Is it possible to fix this? It is vital for me and very annoying.

[EDIT] Diafora - Sipgate says:
Enclosed the necessary settings to configure to Asterisk for sipgate. (Very important to have the SIP ID at the end of the register command)

So can you add my SIP ID in the register command? Instead of
register=xxxxxxx:xxxxxxx@sipgate.co.uk/sipgate
can you change to
register=xxxxxxx:xxxxxxx@sipgate.co.uk/SIP ID?

Many thanks,
Dimitris.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by drm on 05.11.2009 at 12:35.

04.11.2009 21:01 drmitsos is offline Search for Posts by drmitsos Add drmitsos to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Pfeil RE: Congestion Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=1138

05.11.2009 14:41 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
drm

RE: Sipgate - Congestion Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

the problem remains.
I have named the trunk the same as the DID number sipgate has provided, but still I get a Congestion message if dialling without caller id.

Is there anything that can be done?

08.11.2009 20:18 drmitsos is offline Search for Posts by drmitsos Add drmitsos to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

RE: Sipgate - Congestion Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Dimitri,

If the Trunk name is the same as your SIPGate SIP-ID, then having the proper Register String in your Trunk configuration, is not the likely cause for the issue at hand. You can inquire with SIPGate whether they currently see your SIP-ID number at the end of the Register string.

Based on your report, the Congestion message shows up, when the caller dialing your SIPGate DID originates the call specifically from a Cisco PBX. Not a regular PSTN line, or a mobile phone.

You can also ask them to set up a trace, and provide you with the SIP message their SIP Proxy gets, when a call originating from the Cisco PBX fails to be delivered to PBXes.

Τα λέμε.

09.11.2009 12:42 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
drm

Ευχαριστώ Diafora,
but the problem seems to be specific to PBXes.
The problem dissolves when I use my phone to register directly with sipgate.

I have tried everything, setting up incoming routes, privacy manager etc but nothing works. Sipgate forwards the call to PBXes which issues a congestion message and the calling user is blocked.

09.11.2009 16:36 drmitsos is offline Search for Posts by drmitsos Add drmitsos to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

OK, do me a favor and give me your email address, and we will test this with my SIPGate numbers.

Thanks.

10.11.2009 13:58 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
drm

UPDATE: Sipgate has provided feedback regarding this.

your PBX rejects the calls with an 503 error.

"Nov 8 19:36:13 ser04 /usr/sbin/openser[5818]: reply: 503 Service Unavailable -
F=sip:anonymous@sipgate.co.uk T=sip:00442088199250@sipgate.co.uk
SRCIP=188.40.65.148:34982"

Unfortunately, we are not able to tell from this side why your PBX is behaving this way.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Dia on 10.11.2009 at 15:00.

10.11.2009 14:04 drmitsos is offline Search for Posts by drmitsos Add drmitsos to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Well, this seems like an issue on the PBXes side, which we should look into.

10.11.2009 15:53 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
drm

Any news regarding this? Thanks for the effort.

[EDIT] any news?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by drm on 28.11.2009 at 21:12.

19.11.2009 14:53 drmitsos is offline Search for Posts by drmitsos Add drmitsos to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

I have sent a reminder to the developers regarding this. I will let you know when there is an update.

29.11.2009 13:14 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: "Congestion" in call log on anonymous calls Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Looking into your system log revealed that your endpoint drmitsos-200 answers "406 Not acceptable" for these calls. I suggest that you check your endpoint's settings and logs.

30.11.2009 11:58 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
drm

RE: "Congestion" in call log on anonymous calls Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi
it was actually a Linksys 941 and a 962 that had the
"Block ANC serv = Yes" as default.

Sorry to add to your workload. Please close this thread.
Dimitris.

02.12.2009 12:05 drmitsos is offline Search for Posts by drmitsos Add drmitsos to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: