PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: Callback outbound route
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tij
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 28.10.2007

Callback outbound route Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have a premiun account and I would like to do 3 differents callbacks.
But I would like to have also 3 differents routes serving them.
It is possible to determine a specific route to a callback?

I´m asking this because have a cliente that would like to buy an PBX PRO account with 50 or more extensions and he would like to give 50 callback to his emploees, but he need to put 50 differents outbound routes because he need to monitor what they are spending.

Thank you again .

Tony

28.11.2009 21:24 tijuca is offline Search for Posts by tijuca Add tijuca to your Buddy List
usi

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Callback outbound route Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

This is a good question.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dia on 30.11.2009 at 16:56.

30.11.2009 04:14 usina is offline Search for Posts by usina Add usina to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Callback outbound route Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Try to put the callback number into the extension field of the outbound route.

30.11.2009 12:07 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

Have done this but not to monitor charges.

you can make 50 outbound routes all having a different prefix.

So you can start with say 700 up to 750
Each outbound route could still use the same trunk.
When setting the callback number for say extensio1 you type 700 than the callback number.
In outbound route it would strip the 700 and would just dial the callback number.
Than when the person gets the callback and dialtone they can dailout by using their prefix 700 than the number they would like to dial.

This way you should be able to use the call monitor, select 700 and you receive all calls that have 700 in them. This might add some numbers called by antoher extension that have 700 in them, but you could rearrange this in excel and filter out only the numbers that start with 700.

30.11.2009 17:48 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
tij
Grünschnabel

I really can`t undstand nothing .

30.11.2009 18:07 tijuca is offline Search for Posts by tijuca Add tijuca to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

I think I understand what bobmats is referring to, but let me clarify the main point here.

The solution proposed, allows for a maximum of 3 concurrent call-backs. If your client needs more than 3 people talking at the same time through call-backs, this will not work for him in its' current form.

Not that it is impossible, but we need to qualify his request with some numbers first, and ensure it is feasible.

But bobmats' suggestion also brings up another valid point. Will your client be needing separate billing for the calls initiated by each call-back user?

Assuming that we can work something out, in case you need to support more than 3 concurrent call-backs, will your ITSP allow you to send multiple calls through their trunk?

03.12.2009 01:09 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
bob

Let me see.

Every pbxpro extension you buy has a seperate callback account.

so when you have 50 pro accounts you have 50 callback numbers one for each account.

When you go to outbound routing you can setup an outbond call route. What is important to know is if your outbound voip provider allows multiple call through that account. if so you can do the following.

At outbound route setup a route for each extension.
Set the trunk you would like to use
Set destination, go to numbers starting by, fill for example: 700|XX
Go to options > extension and fill in the extension for example 500 (this limites th route to that extension)

When extension 500 want to make a call the need to dail 700 first than 00 country code and so on.

for extension 501 you can use numbers starting by: 701|XX limit to extension 501
and so on.

This way you can limit a rout to an extension, using the prefix 700 or any other one you can filter the calls in call monitor and know who made how many calls and to where.

03.12.2009 22:14 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
tij
Grünschnabel

Thank you Bobmats.

Now it is working fine. You`re right.

Best regards,
Tony

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dia on 03.12.2009 at 23:04.

03.12.2009 22:27 tijuca is offline Search for Posts by tijuca Add tijuca to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: