PBXes » English » Providers » RE: Callcentric - Pass CID on call forwarding no answer
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
qip

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Pass CID on call forwarding no answer Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm using a CallCentric trunk. I have call forwarding if unanswered after 20 seconds. It goes to Google Voice. I'd like the caller ID to be passed along, just like my AT&T landline does on call forwarding no answer. Can I enable this with PBXes or is this a feature request?

BTW, "search forums" is not working for me in 2 different browsers.

20.01.2010 02:25 qipulse is offline Search for Posts by qipulse Add qipulse to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Callcentric - Pass CID on call forwarding no answer Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well, in principle you can do so with PBXes, if your Trunk for the outgoing call would allow you to set the outbound CallerID, on an ad hoc basis.

But I feel that using the PBXes B2BUA for this function, is not the slickest possible solution. As such, I have proposed something very similar as a feature request to CallCentric, since they already have an array of Call Treatments available.

In CallCentric's case as a DID provider, it makes a whole lot more sense to allow the PBXes extension(s) ring for 20 seconds on an inbound call, and then using a Call Treatment to forward the call onto GoogleVoice.

I will let you know what CallCentric replies, via this thread.

21.01.2010 00:24 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
qip

RE: Callcentric - Pass CID on call forwarding no answer Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

That's great! Thank you.

21.01.2010 00:30 qipulse is offline Search for Posts by qipulse Add qipulse to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Here is CallCentric's reply:

"The feature request that you are referring to, is a delayed call forwarding feature, in that your calls will forward to another number after X amount of rings or seconds.

While we currently do not have that feature implemented at this time, we will however bring this feature request up to our managers and developers for their consideration.

While I cannot give any specific information, or any specific date as to when it will be implemented, rest assured that we will definitely be bringing this feature request to our managers."

So let the feature requests begin.

21.01.2010 01:43 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
qip

OK, thanks. I have put in a feature request with them. In the mean time I think I'll switch over to voip.ms.

Would you say the best way to send CID on forwarding is the method given here?
http://pbxes.org/forum/thread.php?threadid=166
http://pbxes.org/forum/thread.php?threadid=1262589137

EDIT: on the other hand, given that CC is very reliable, maybe the PBX B2BUA method you hinted at is the best option. How do I do what you said here?

"you can do so with PBXes, if your Trunk for the outgoing call would allow you to set the outbound CallerID, on an ad hoc basis."

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by qip on 21.01.2010 at 01:57.

21.01.2010 01:51 qipulse is offline Search for Posts by qipulse Add qipulse to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Well, if your voip.ms Trunk allows you to set the outbound CallerID, on an ad hoc basis for each outgoing call, using the methods you mentioned, go right ahead.

Using the PBXes instead of CallCentric's call treatments, allows you to choose the trunk for the outgoing call. This highlights flexibility as the advantage of using PBXes, in comparison with the slickness of CallCentric's call treatments.

I consider having multiple options available to achieve the same outcome, as an asset.

21.01.2010 02:38 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
qip

Yes, I consider having the option to do it with PBXes an asset. What I was asking is HOW to do it.

I'll get an appropriate outgoing truck. Then how do I "set the outbound CallerID, on an ad hoc basis for each outgoing call"?

Thanks for your help! smile

21.01.2010 02:41 qipulse is offline Search for Posts by qipulse Add qipulse to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

By using the methods mentioned in those threads.

What you basically want is to pass the CallerID of the person which called your CallCentric DID. By setting the voip.ms or any Betamax trunk as mentioned in those threads, the CallerID of the original caller is passed to the PSTN call.

That is what ad hoc means. The CallerID is changing every time a new caller is trying to call you, and his CallerID is passed through to GoogleVoice.

What the CallCentric's approach via their Call Treatments might allow you to do, is to pass the incoming call via a SIP URI to GoogleVoice, thus avoiding the PSTN and its' charges, since it will be an OnNet call, but only if GV accepts inbound SIP calls from other SIP domains via peering.

21.01.2010 02:58 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
qip

OK. Thank you.

BTW, Google Voice no longer allows SIP access. I'll try the voip.ms method mentioned in those threads.

21.01.2010 03:24 qipulse is offline Search for Posts by qipulse Add qipulse to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: