PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Forwarding on no answer
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
met

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Forwarding on no answer Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Is there a way to forward calls to a standard telephone when no answer from the pbxes extension using some sort of * command? We currently use *92 which forwards when not connected. I know you can do it using ring groups but if we do this we will have to tell everyone to dial a different number in future (ie the number of the ring group) and we have had enough trouble getting everyone to start dialing the correct pbxes extension as it is.

Thanks for your help. Also you refer to a list of the * codes in the welcome menu. I have searched everywhere for this. Perhaps I am a little stupid but I cannot find it.

Regards

Mike

16.09.2008 08:20 metokote is offline Search for Posts by metokote Add metokote to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Forwarding on no answer for all extensions Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

So in essence, what you are looking for is a "Destination if no answer" option to be available on every extension except the default, which is the extension's VoiceMail, even if the extension is not Mobile, thus always connected.

16.09.2008 13:12 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
met

RE: Forwarding on no answer Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yes - exactly that.

The situation we have is somebody who normally is near their IP phone but occasionally goes elsewhere (but takes a mobile with them). We would like to ring their IP phone (pbxes extension) and, if it is not answered in a certain time, rather than just going to pbxes voicemail, forward automatically to their mobile.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Mike

16.09.2008 15:19 metokote is offline Search for Posts by metokote Add metokote to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

RE: Forwarding on no answer Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

How many users are in this "dire" situation? großes Grinsen

16.09.2008 19:46 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
met

I wouldn't call it "dire" - we have about six or seven users who are in this position. They have desks with IP phones on them but also have to regularly go on the factory floor and also travel to different factories/ countries. We could put voicemail on and email it to them but there is no telling when they will receive the email and also, generally, we need to contact them when we call them not at some later point when they have listened to their voicemail.

One of the main reasons for using pbxes was so that we could give everyone one point of contact - ie "call this extension number at all times to contact this particular person". Previously people never knew whether to call a fixed line or a mobile (since they never knew when the person would be at their desk) - generally therefore they would opt to call the mobile - which is obviously the most expensive choice for us.

16.09.2008 20:19 metokote is offline Search for Posts by metokote Add metokote to your Buddy List
dor

I agree that all three forwarding options: Busy, No-Answer, and Not-Available should be available on extension via web interface. It is standard feature on mobile phones, why is it considered not necessary on SIP extensions?

16.09.2008 20:20 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

RE: Forwarding on No Answer Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

There are two ways you can do this. Either swap the extension numbers with Ring Group numbers, so your users don't have to re-learn new Ring Group numbers, or wait until these options are added to every Extension provisioning section.

If the latter option is chosen, let's see a show of hands from the people which find this addition worthwhile. Personally, I believe it is a useful option to have access to, if it can be implemented cleanly.

16.09.2008 21:46 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
met

I would definately like the latter solution.

You are right - we could use ring groups by changing extension numbers. This is not a good solution however - it would mean we would have to reprogram all the relevant extensions with a different extension number (some of them are now in different countries) and also when they phoned other extensions, their "new" extension number would come up on the display. This would confuse people who are being told to phone one number (ie a ring group) yet receive calls from apparently another.

16.09.2008 21:47 metokote is offline Search for Posts by metokote Add metokote to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

RE: Forwarding on No Answer Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We will look into this feature, and let you know on this thread, as soon as it is available.

16.09.2008 22:02 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
met

Thanks - I appreciate it.

Will look forward to its arrival smile

17.09.2008 13:54 metokote is offline Search for Posts by metokote Add metokote to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Lampe RE: Forwarding on no answer Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

To get the new feature please click on the red bar once.

18.09.2008 00:08 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: