PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » RE: Spa962 - Help: Can't disable voice mail :(
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lin

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Help: Can't disable voice mail :( Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi everyone.
I have the following problem and can't figure it why.
I have Linksys Spa962 linked to two extensions here on pbxes.
When someone calls my extension 2, The call goes to voicemail. I did notice that "Message waiting" setting on my Spa962 phone activates automatically, whenever I restart the phone. This doesn't happen with other extensions on the phone. Whenever I change the "Message waiting" to disable, the problem is fixed til next registration with pbxes. Then the "Message waiting" automatically turns to "yes".
The "Inbound Routing" setting in pbxes is to set the destination to extension 2, both in regular hours and after hours and the "no override" is checked.

I really appreciate it if someone help me resolve this problem. I did everything I could without any luck.

More info: I registered my trunk directly with the phone to see if there is a problem with the trunk. No problems there. I can disable "Message waiting" and it remains disabled. As soon as I register extension 2 from pbxes, the setting changes automatically.
Thank you in advance

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lin on 10.10.2009 at 21:07.

10.10.2009 20:50 linseoptik is offline Search for Posts by linseoptik Add linseoptik to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Help: Can't disable voice mail :( Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Here are a couple of questions to understand the issue further:

• How many lines of the 6 are activated on your SPA-962 in total?
• What are the SIP ports set to on every line?
• Under the Phone tab, in the Line 1 through Line 6 sections, what are the Extension fields set to?

If all of them are set to Extension 1 there lies your problem. I bet that both of your PBXes extensions, don't have their Call Waiting activated, and the 2nd inbound call ends up on VoiceMail, precisely for that reason.

11.10.2009 13:53 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
lin

RE: Help: Can't disable voice mail :( Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Diafora,

Thank you for your reply.
* all 6 lines are activated and registered either directly to trunks or to pbxes.org. There is only two lines registered with pbxes.org. Extension 1 on line 1 of the phone, and extension 2 on line 2. Extension 1 on the phone is registered with extension 1 on pbxes and extension 2 on the phone is registered with extension 2 on pbxes.
* Sip ports are from 5060 (on extension 1) to 5065 (extension 6) These ports are default. There is nothing wrong with the NAT or the router. Everything works fine, except voice mail.
* Lines are set to their equal extensions. Line 1 with extension 1, line 2 with extension 2 and so on. So it can't be the reason you wrote.

I think this is a bug with pbxes. Let me tell you why: Keep in mind that the problem happens with extension 2 of my pbxes, which is also set to extension 2 of my phone on line 2.
* As I wrote before, when I registered the trunk directly on the phone, there wasn't any problem with it. The trunk I used to register is the same trunk used on pbxes extension 2.
* Here is the strange part. Last night, I deleted extension 2 from pbxes, then saved the changes, and then created it again with the same information. The problem fixed. The "Message waiting" setting doesn't change automatically to enabled. Why that happened in the first place, I don't know. May be there is a code to activate voicemail on pbxes which we entered mistakenly in the past. If there is, it is not documented in the help pages. But....
* The problem seems to be moved to extension 1 on the pbxes.org. I can't be sure of it, until tomorrow, because the extension 1 has schedule for voicemail during the weekends. Right now, the "message waiting" on my phone is automatically enabled for extension 1. Tomorrow, if the setting doesn't change automatically back to disabled, it means that the problem has been "moved" to this extension. I will let you know.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lin on 11.10.2009 at 14:28.

11.10.2009 14:28 linseoptik is offline Search for Posts by linseoptik Add linseoptik to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

RE: Spa962 - Help: Can't disable voice mail :( Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well, according to my experience with the SPA-962 and multiple extensions on PBXes accounts, this has never occurred to me.

Since I have never seen the point in setting up multiple extensions on the same phone belonging to the same PBXes account, here are the two differences in my case. The SPA-962 is registered to extensions from different PBXes accounts, which reside on different servers. I also use the actual FQDN of each server (wwwX .pbxes.com) instead of pbxes.org in the Proxy field.

With the above configuration, I have never had any issues like the ones you describe, even if voicemail is enabled on most of the extensions of my SPA-962.

I believe the surefire way to troubleshoot this issue, is by setting up an ethernet packet trace on your network, and let us look at the SIP messaging to and from the phone. Let me know if you need help setting it up.

11.10.2009 15:14 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
lin

RE: Spa962 - Help: Can't disable voice mail :( Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi Diafora,

I use multiple extensions from the same account, because each of them use different inbound routing with different trunks.

Here is more news: After a problem-free day, about 24 hours after I deleted the extension 2 from pbxes and then created it again, the problem appeared again right now on the same extension (extension 2). It shows "message waiting" as enabled. I chose "no", the phone restarts and when I check the setting, it is enabled again. I didn't change anything since last night, neither on the phone, nor on the pbxes account! So what could cause the voice mail to activate itself without being able to deactivate it after 24 hours? I can't imagine it is something to do with my network here, as there wasn't any change, but I am willing to setup ethernet packet trace on my network to troubleshoot the problem. Please help me to do it, cause I don't know how.
You may be interested to know that I am using a whr-hp-g54 router with dd-wrt voip firmware. It has SIP tracing function built-in. I can give you the login info + IP, so you can login to the router and use the SIP tracing function?

Thank you in advance

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lin on 11.10.2009 at 23:38.

11.10.2009 23:15 linseoptik is offline Search for Posts by linseoptik Add linseoptik to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

If you can provide me with access, I will certainly take a look at it. If you prefer not to divulge the access credentials for your router here, you should open a support case, and we can continue our discussion there.

12.10.2009 14:23 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: