PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: www5 extensions unregistered
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

www5 extensions unregistered Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
Just noticed all my extensions (www5) are unregistered. Can you investigate please.
Regards

12.01.2010 11:57 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
cms
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 28.06.2009

RE: www5 extensions unregistered Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

and here also... most extensions down again on www5. This starts to irritate, many outages in the last month, and the status page says all is OK.
maybe time to invest in either good hardware and redundant WORKING setups or someone capable managing a network.
Running a business on this voip platform is too unreliable, which is onfortunate as the idea behind hosted voip pbx is very nice, only the execution of it lacks professional quality.
If someone has a suggestion for another hosted voip provider with similar features I would be more than happy to hear from them

jan

12.01.2010 12:05 cms is offline Search for Posts by cms Add cms to your Buddy List
gra

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: www5 extensions unregistered Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Same here, all our softphones are unregistered but our physical phones are OK

12.01.2010 12:11 grabit is offline Search for Posts by grabit Add grabit to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

www.pbxes.org/status reports a partial network outage for the www5 data center. We can still access www5, the link between www5 and www1 is out, but www5 can speak to www2 and www4.

So the solution for the affected accounts is to switch to www4 (New York) while the error is reported on the status page.

Automatic failover is not done in this case because only part of the network links are down in the Paris data center.

12.01.2010 12:52 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

Registration Date: 01.01.1970

same problem here, but why change to www4 new york, would www3 not be better ?

12.01.2010 13:04 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Hi,
Changed to www4, all working ok now.
I assume I should change back to www5 at some point, will I be notified or do I have to monitor the status panel ?
Regards

12.01.2010 13:11 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

The partial network outage in the Paris data center affected all registrations thru pbxes.org because the link between www1 and www5 was out.

We have re-routed pbxes.org to www2 which still connects to www5.

As soon as DNS tables are updated (after about 10 minutes) most problems should be gone.

12.01.2010 13:18 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Hi,
If I reset to www5 how do I get my London timezone, London seems only associated with www3.
Am I missing something obvious ?
Regards

12.01.2010 15:29 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: