PBXes » English » Providers » RE: Does PBXes resolves DNS SRV?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dor

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Fragezeichen Does PBXes resolves DNS SRV? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I set up a new SIP extension dialing Callcentric SIP URI: user@in.callcentric.com. All I got was SIP response 404.
I went to Google and found that the most common problem with Callcentric is that they relay on DNS SRV, and many services do not resolve it. To test it there was a suggestion to route the call via SipBroker peering - if call went through via SipBroker then it is DNS SRV problem
I tested and it worked. I obviously don't want to route the call via an extra system permanently, so here it goes: is there any problem for PBXes with DNS SRV on SIP URI calls?

04.10.2008 04:33 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Does PBXes resolves DNS SRV? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Are you just trying to call another Callcentric subscriber, and you happen to know their 1777xxxxxx number?

04.10.2008 17:26 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
dor

RE: Does PBXes resolves DNS SRV? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yes, I would like to set up a permanent extension ringing that callcentric account.

It's 1777xxxxxx@in.callcentric.com... but don't tell anyone smile

It works from callwithus.com - it supports DNS SRV, but I can't make it work from PBXes.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Dia on 04.10.2008 at 23:04.

04.10.2008 17:34 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

When there is a will, there is a way, and there is no need for a DNS SRV record.

Setup a new Outbound Route and define the 1777xxxxxxx number as a Custom Dial Pattern, and set your Callcentric trunk in the Trunk Sequence.

Then dial 1777xxxxxxx through one of your ATAs and verify the call arrives to the correct destination. It's a Callcentric On-Net call, and there is no charge associated with it.

The beauty of the above scenario, is that your Callcentric CallerID shows up, and the other person can call you back using a similar technique.

Now if you want to make it a 3 or 4 digit extension, create a Classic extension with the 1777xxxxxxx number. Done.

I will actually call you shortly on your Callcentric number via PBXes.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dia on 04.10.2008 at 23:04.

04.10.2008 17:53 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
dor

Oops, sorry for fax, I forgot... smile

That's really ingenious workaround - thanks!

But don't you think it's strange that so powerful system as PBXes can't resolve SRV record? It's like having 7th BMW with no air conditioner...

04.10.2008 20:08 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Lampe RE: Does PBXes resolves DNS SRV? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

DNS SRV entries are resolved now.

05.10.2008 14:31 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: