PBXes » English » Providers » RE: weepee - outbound CID not visible
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gra

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
outbound CID not visible Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
I am using a SIP trunk from weepee but I can't send my CID when I call.

I have asked them how they handle the CID and they answered that:

Zitat:
with a "SIP TRUNK" it comes with the sip header rpid and normal header,

I tryed various writings in the trunk and in the extensions with name or only number but when I call all my calls are anonymous.

Any idea?

edit 17 Jan 2009: Today I receive not anonymous but +000000 instead. Strange!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by gra on 17.01.2009 at 14:40.

16.01.2009 17:23 grabit is offline Search for Posts by grabit Add grabit to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: weepee - outbound CID not visible Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

From what you describe, it seems as if you are using your weepee trunk to terminate calls to your mobile phone. If this is the case, the provider from whom weepee is buying their mobile termination for Belgium, is using GSM gateways to terminate these calls, which by default can't pass the proper CallerID information.

Passing the originating CallerID information to mobile phones, requires an actual interconnection with each mobile provider, which is expensive and in turn increases the price per minute. So in essence, you get what you pay for.

The question you should ask weepee's techs is whether their route passes the proper CallerID to mobile phones, and not where in the header they send or receive the information. This is a route issue not a signaling issue.

19.01.2009 11:47 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
gra

RE: weepee - outbound CID not visible Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

OK I will ask them for mobiles but the problem is the same to my landline.

No number visible when I call.

19.01.2009 12:14 grabit is offline Search for Posts by grabit Add grabit to your Buddy List
bob

I have posted this before when using a voicetrading trunk.

In the trunk you have username and password.

When I would like to passthrough the caller ID, I leave username blank.

in the passwork box I fill in: password:username

So frist yourpassword than : than username.

Using voicetrading this will pass through the called Id of the caller if you use this trunk to connect to your mobile.

Also in the username field I can write a caller id. So if I want the trunk to display say 004412345678 than I fill this in under username. At password you fill in password:username.

This works when using voicetrading as provider but might work for other providers.

20.01.2009 13:11 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
gra

To Bobmats:
Thanks but it didn't work with Weepee.

To Diafora:
The problem is that to landlines no CID visible and to Mobiles CID is +000000.
I have asked to weepee and there is their answer:

Zitat:
Ce caller id s'affiche lorsque votre pbx n'envoie pas de callerid
valide. Voici un exemple de config fonctionnelle:

[topstn]
exten => _0X.,1,SetCIDNum(+3226696950)
exten => _0X.,2,Dial(IAX2/weepee-office/${EXTEN})

They say that the +000000 is visible when we do not send a valid CID and after there is an exemple of functional config.

Where can I see the config in the source? And how can I program that?

Regards.

28.01.2009 16:28 grabit is offline Search for Posts by grabit Add grabit to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: