PBXes » English » Providers » RE: hong kong broadband 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
voi

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
hong kong broadband Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

Can you please kindly add:
203.80.89.135 s2hkbntel.net s21.hkbntel.net

to the /etc/hosts file of the machine that's running asterisk,
it's a HK sip provider and they have messy dns, so it's good to have this line, so people will be able to use hk did numbers,

thanks.

17.02.2006 03:09 voipscout is offline Search for Posts by voipscout Add voipscout to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: hong kong broadband Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Just enter the SIP server numerically.

Best regards,
Pascal

17.02.2006 17:46 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ayk

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi Pascal,

My bad for opening a new thread, so I will continue on here.

Using the server numerically would not work as they check for domain/realm. Using "xxxxxxxx@203.80.89.135" would yield a "403 Registrations to foreigndomains are forbidden" error.

Please kindly check the server log to confirm that this is happening on pbxes.com as well. Thanks a lot.

Arthur

13.06.2006 16:56 ayking is offline Search for Posts by ayking Add ayking to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: hong kong broadband Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

OK, I added the line. Try if it works!

13.06.2006 17:40 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ayk

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi Pascal,

It works great! Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers,
Arthur

13.06.2006 18:10 ayking is offline Search for Posts by ayking Add ayking to your Buddy List
weg

Can you shgare the settings that worked for you?

30.08.2006 06:49 wegjapan is offline Search for Posts by wegjapan Add wegjapan to your Buddy List
ice

Here is another that this would be useful for

200.94.26.150 asbw.alestravoip.com

Please let me know if it can be added

19.09.2008 19:14 ice is offline Search for Posts by ice Add ice to your Buddy List
mco

Hi,
I have two HKBN trunks and the above change works well for one of the trunks, but the other trunk is using a different proxy server (s22.hkbntel.net) with the same domain (s2hkbntel.net) and so when I try to use s2hkbntel.net in the Trunk configuration I get a 301: Jun 26 19:59:19 VERBOSE[6903] logger.c: -- Got SIP response 301 "Moved Permanently". More information on this is at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?...ttings+HKBN+2b.

On my own asterisk box, I have both trunks working without changing /etc/hosts by using the outboundproxy field - e.g.:

type=friend
canreinvite=no
insecure=very
secret=12345678
username=12345678hk
fromuser= 12345678hk
outboundproxy=s22.hkbntel.net ; or s21.hkbntel.net for the other proxy server
fromdomain=s2hkbntel.net
host=s2hkbntel.net
dtmfmode=inband ; Choices are inband, rfc2833, or info
nat=yes
context=voicemailline
qualify=yes ; keep nat connection alive.

Is there any chance of it being possible to configure outboundproxy through the PBXes UI? It might be worth doing a manual test first in case the behaviour of this setting is different in your version of asterisk.

Regards

Mike

26.06.2009 15:28 mconvey is offline Search for Posts by mconvey Add mconvey to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

sip.conf can be edited under the "Source" tab.

26.06.2009 18:18 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mco

Based on your suggestion I was able to set this up be using the PRO free trial and making the following changes:

outboundproxy=s22.hkbntel.net
register=3594xxxxhk:xxxx@Trunkname/Trunkname

where Trunkname is the name of the trunk as defined in the PBXes.org UI.

however these changes were lost when I had to make a change to the trunk through the UI.

Is a longterm resolution to this feasible other than switching to a PRO account?

Just a thought, but can I set up a new, single extension PRO account to handle this trunk and then have that account interface with my Premium account - e.g. when a call comes in on the HKBN trunk to the Pro account it forwards it to the Premium account and when I need to make a call on the HKBN trunk the Premium account sends the call to the Pro account?

Thanks

Mike

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by mco on 14.07.2009 at 10:35.

26.06.2009 18:49 mconvey is offline Search for Posts by mconvey Add mconvey to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Yes, it can be done with a second PRO account.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 28.07.2009 at 10:36.

14.07.2009 16:42 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Lampe RE: hong kong broadband Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Proxy and domain can be configured separately within the web interface now.

15.10.2010 20:53 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: