PBXes » English » PBXes PRO » RE: Customization - Blocking outbound routes by time
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dor

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Blocking outbound routes by time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I noticed some unsolicited usage on my phones, and I would like to block some outbound routes by time - so they'd be blocked during afterhours, and automatically unblocked during regular hours.

Is it possible?

29.10.2008 05:56 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Blocking outbound routes by time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

It is possible to define such routing in "Source View" by inserting "GotoIfTime" statements.

29.10.2008 10:21 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dor

RE: Blocking outbound routes by time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks - you could simply say "No"...

smile

03.11.2008 21:29 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
bob

Zitat:
Originally posted by i-p-tel
It is possible to define such routing in "Source View" by inserting "GotoIfTime" statements.

Ip-Tel nice answer, but I have made a remark before. As you know sourceview can only be edited by pro users and soho or premium not.

The question is asked by a soho member so your answer is nice but it can't be used.

Will you consider premium and soho users also to edit the sourceview and to prevent problems add a button restore to default so when someone messes up he can always go back.

04.11.2008 15:12 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
dor

I simply can't understand this policy. All this playing with blocking features in order to persuade user to upgrade may be OK between Soho and Premium plans.
But Pro plan is vastly different. Users make decision to go with Pro think capacity and level of service, not a couple of new features. Those who need Pro will go Pro without these funny games, and those who don't - they won't anyways, and limiting essential functionality will simply frustrate them.
May be it's time to rethink it, i-p-tel?

05.11.2008 03:43 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Because the discussion has moved from its original subject I put this into the PRO board.

@doronin
Customization is not just another feature. You may compare this with another level of service or with an additional module (like the CRM and billing are).

@bobmats
There is a button to revert to the default.

05.11.2008 14:46 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

good to hear that their is a button to revert to default. As I am not a pro user I can see it.

But the question is, will you consider making adjustments also available to premium users.

Premium works fine for me and pro would not add anything that I need. Pro is also targeted to a different user group and a will guess is that most paid users here are premium and soho.

So please let us know if you consider doing this for premium users. If not it's clear and the topic can be closed.

05.11.2008 14:54 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
dor

Zitat:
Originally posted by i-p-tel
Customization is not just another feature. You may compare this with another level of service or with an additional module (like the CRM and Billing are).

You can't call "customization" merely granting write permissions to config files!

The critical difference between aforementioned write access and "CRM and Billing" is that the latter are relevant only to very specific customer group which is likely to choose Pro regardless.

Access to config files relevant for everyone.
Again, Pro plan is distanced from the others, and you can't make non-Pro customer to go Pro if he doesn't need it capabilities-wise.

05.11.2008 17:47 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

@doronin
Write access allows another level of flexibility. It requires a sophisticated support. And it is definitely not relevant for every user. Far from it! Most users will prefer the standardized web interface instead of the config files.

@bobmats
We will not do this for Premium Accounts. Instead we have changed the pricing of PBXes PRO recently. There are volume discounts available now starting with 10 extensions.

05.11.2008 19:12 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

It's nice to have volume accounts for pro but pro targets a different user group than premium does.

There is little added value in pro compared to premium unless you want to use the crm option. Paying that much extra per month for crm will only be done by special customers who use many minutes as pro is unlimited minutes.

The strenght of pbx premium is it's price 10 euro per month.

If I want 10 pro extensions this will cost 100 euro per month which is 1200 euro per year vs 120 for the pro.

But it's clear you don't want to grant premium users the option to change the source. It's sad as it would make many happy. But maybe you can give us a nice new years present ;-)

05.11.2008 21:37 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

If you want 10 pro extensions this will cost 40 euro per month which is 480 euro per year vs 120 for the premium.

05.11.2008 23:33 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

Ok i undetstood it differently.

I thought 1till 9 you pay 9,95 for each extension
Than 10-19 you pay 3 euro per extensions extra on top of the 9,95 for the first 1-9 extensions.

Another Question. Can I add 1 pro extension to my premium. Meaning 1 extension is unlimted use and I can still use the other extensions of premium.

06.11.2008 11:46 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: Customization - Blocking outbound routes by time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Account plans cannot be mixed on an extension basis. What you could consider is distributing your extensions to two different accounts.

06.11.2008 12:13 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ayk

RE: Customization - Blocking outbound routes by time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Just like to chime in as well.

I too have requested before that premium users be granted permission to modify source. For me, as I do not need the CRM and billing at all, it does not make sense to pay more just to modify the source a few times. CRM and billing features are something PRO users use constantly and thus see their value, but I wouldn't be modifying the source code every few days.

If as pascal mentioned that account plans cannot be mixed on extension basis, then I can't have just 1 extension go PRO and the rest use premium. If I split to two accounts, then I'll still be JUST able to modify the source in the account with 1 extension, but not for the other extensions. That's not going to do me much good.

I am a single home user with 20 extensions defined (some SIP and some classic) because I use them for special spped dialout, conferences or call forwarding. I'm willing to pay for premium because I like the idea of able to set things up to my liking, and allow powerful features like callthru, callback and followme. Even if I slimmed down in terms of number of extensions, it'll cost me 40 euro a month instead of 10 and it doesn't make sense at all for home users.

If you are firm about not including the source modify function to premium accounts, how about charge a very small extra amount for this specific feature on a PER-ACCOUNT basis?

12.11.2008 23:52 ayking is offline Search for Posts by ayking Add ayking to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: